Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Baby Layla


Sept. 9, 2008 we added a new addition to our clan, Layla Grace. Christian and I went to the hospital at 7:00 in the morning. At 9:45 a.m. I was given the epidural and the the nurse started the pitosine at the same time. 2 hours later at 11:50 a.m. Layla was born. She weighed 6lbs. 14 oz. and was 18 inches long. It always amazes me what a miracle having a baby is, one minute they are in your stomach and the next your holding this sweet, beautiful baby. It also amazed me how much you can love someone only meeting them a few seconds before.

We brought her home on Sept. 11, and she has been sleeping through the night since. I will put her to bed around 10:00 p.m. and she will sleep until around 7:30 a.m. I cannot explain in words how much I love her.

4 comments:

Maughan"sters" said...

Congrats! You love them even more when they sleep through the night! That's great! I can't wait to see her. All of your kids are so gorgeous.

Leisa said...

Congratulations! 2 hours is amazing. If you need anything, just let me know. I know you'll have your hands full with 6 kids. I don't know how you do it, but your amazing.

Jon Lewis said...

I can't wait to meet her!!

Beck said...

I love her! Yeah and that is crazy she is sleeping through the night. But then again she is perfect :)